About Portia Husted
Following an extensive career in advertising and marketing, working for some of the largest ad agencies in the world, I decided to pursue a new profession - real estate. I believe my years of building relationships, conducting research, developing marketing plans and creating advertising collateral is a nice compliment to the real estate business. I also feel my experience brings valuable insight and expertise to meet the needs and expectations of savvy buyers and sellers in today's rapidly-changing environment.
What you can expect from me:
- Responsiveness - Whether it's by phone or email (or in person), I am easy to reach. I like to maintain regular on-going communication throughout the buying and selling process.
- Great energy, high ethics and hard work coupled with a positive attitude.
- High level of service that focuses on the individual needs of my clients.
- Communication - is crucial; it's the cornerstone for a positive, productive working relationship and a smooth transaction. From the start it is important for me to have a true understanding of my client's needs and wants so I can meet and exceed their expectations.
- Professionalism - At all times.
- Research - I have the ability to provide data relative to helping in the buying and selling process.
- People Skills/Service with a Smile - My goal is to make the process of buyer or selling a home an enjoyable experience.
- My Expertise – I started my real estate career in a small boutique office located in downtown Boulder where I gained valuable experience working as an assistant to one of Boulder’s most successful female Realtors in the business. For just over one year, I played an integral role in selling some of Boulders’ most prominent properties. In 2007, I decided it was time to start building my own business. My background in advertising and marketing, along with my many contacts in the Boulder community came in handy. I obtained my first listing via a referral from a very good friend. It was a challenging one, as the house was located on a somewhat busy thoroughfare in Boulder, and I listed it for over $1,000,000 (which would be the most expensive house on this street). I was able to get an offer in 5 days and closed it in 30 days at close to list price. Not a bad way to start by career in real estate. I was hooked.
- Areas of Specialty – I am extremely passionate and knowledgeable about the areas I live in and have lived: Chautauqua and North Boulder neighborhoods. I have successfully sold numerous properties in these neighborhoods for the past 8 years. And the properties in which I was not a part of the transaction, I have previewed and am familiar with the homes, giving me valuable insight to the various nuances and uniqueness of each home in a given Boulder neighborhood.
- Advertising / Marketing Experience – With over 20 years of experience in advertising and marketing, I have the ability to effectively market your home, at the right time, to the appropriate audience, in a creative way.
BA, Communications - California State University of Fullerton
I enjoy hiking, skiing, snowshoeing with my husband, friends, and black labs Cooper and Auggie. I also like to cook, entertain, and to spend vacations on beaches and the slopes.
In 2010, I co-founded Holes of Hope, a golf tournament held annually at Lake Valley Golf Course in Niwot, to benefit the Tebo Cancer Center in Boulder. All net proceeds are donated to the Boulder Community Hospital Foundation for exclusive use by the Tebo Cancer Center. In the past 6 years, the event has raised over $250,000. Sponsors of the event include local business: Todd Reed Inc., Great Western Bank, Clovis Oncology, Walters & Hogsett Jewelry, Array Biopharma, Pasta Jay’s, Gebhardt Auto Group, Hazel’s Beverage World, Tebo Development, Hurdle’s Jewelry, Mountain Media and more.