WK Real Estate and its associates are proud to sponsor the Longmont Lights Annual Fireworks Show!
A weekend holiday celebration on
December 8 & 9, 2017
2017 Parade Theme: March of the Toys!
From ancient time, light has been both a source of mystery and magic, providing necessary warmth and guidance. Enjoy the mystery and magic of millions of sparkling lights and the sights and sounds of winter holiday celebrations as Longmont Lights continues with special activities in Roosevelt Park on Dec. 8th and 9th.
Things to know about the Longmont Lights event:
- Parking: Parking lots are located around Roosevelt Park and downtown locations. Parking lots located off of Coffman Street will close at 3 pn on Saturday, Dec. 9, for the Longmont Lights Parade. All cars in Coffman Street parking lots at 3 pm must remain until roads re-open following the parade at 8 pm. Download directions to Roosevelt Park.
- Pets: Please be considerate of fellow festival goers (and your pets), and leave all pets at home.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are located at the west and east ends of Roosevelt Park, inside the Longmont Senior Center, and in the St. Vrain Memorial Building.
- ATMs: Cash machines are located at Wells Fargo Bank and US Bank, within two blocks of Roosevelt Park, for your convenience in purchasing food.
- Weather Policy: The event goes on in all weather conditions.
- The parade is on Saturday, Dec. 9. There is a single Longmont Lights Parade. It is on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017, beginning at 5 pm. The Parade line-up begins at 3:30 pm. Download Parade of Lights float application. Float applications are due Monday, Nov. 27, 2017.
Friday, Dec. 8th, 2017 from 5 to 8 pm
- Santa's Workshop - 5 to 7:30 pm: This parent/child activity workshop is geared for children ages 10 and under. Free craft (one per family, please), courtesy of The Home Depot. Visits with Santa are available from 5 to 7:30 pm. Due to Santa's overwhelming schedule, the line to see Santa will be cut off at 7:15 pm in order to adhere to the closing time of 7:30 pm.
- Live Reindeer: Stop by the front of the St. Vrain Memorial Building for a visit with a few of Santa's reindeer.
- Hot Cocoa Carts
- Balloon Glow
- Fire Pits: Visit the warmth of the fire pits as you walk around Roosevelt Park and see the millions of lights sparkle!
- Food Truck Sales: Stop by to purchase food from various local food truck vendors at the Longs Peak parking lot area next to the park.
- Holiday Ice Show and Open Skating: The City's Ice Pavilion will host a Holiday Ice Show featuring ice skating instructors and professionals from the Denver area and there will be open skating throughout the day (regular fees apply).
- 10 am to 5:45 pm - Open Skating (regular fees apply)
- 6 to 7:30 pm - Holiday Ice Show
- Concerts and more at the Senior Center:
- 5 to 6 pm - 4EVERYOUNG, a female acapella quartet
- 6 to 7:30 pm - I and the Many Band, a piano-based vocal group
- Train Rides: Line will end at 7:30 pm
- Fireworks Display: 7:45 pm, weather permitting
- Fireworks will fill the air at Roosevelt Park (north end of the St. Vrain Memorial Building) on Friday, Dec. 8, at 7:45 pm
Saturday, Dec. 9th, 2017
- 10 am to 9 pm: Open Skate Ice Skating (regular admission and skate rental rates apply)
- 3:30 pm: Parade line-up begins along Longs Peak Avenue and Bross Street
- 5 pm: Parade begins. This year's theme is "March of the Toys." Main Street will be illuminated with more than 60 floats twinkling with lights. Come watch this magical parade filled with marching toy soldiers, high school marching bands, ice castles, costumed characters, and much more!
- The parade will proceed from 3rd Avenue up to 8th Avenue, creating an extra block of viewing space for spectators.
- Download a Parade of Lights Viewing Map here!
Special thanks to the City of Longmont for the Longmont Lights schedule and event information!