If you’re not sure how to spend February 14th, Boulder County is full of memorable Valentine’s Day events to add some fun to the most romantic day of the year. Cook a meal at the Food Lab in Boulder, learn about Longmont’s romantic history, or laugh along with a Valentine’s show at Comedy Works Denver. Whether you’re looking to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new, or enjoy a special Valentine’s dinner at a classy restaurant, here’s what some of our favorite places have on their calendar or menu this year.
- Vegan Valentine: engage in a 2.5-hour hands on cooking class at the Food Lab with a special menu for Valentine’s Day, and enjoy tasting your creation afterwards!
- The Sweetheart Valentine Dance is perfect for a memorable parent/child evening including refreshments, dancing, photos, and a DJ.
- Food and drink specials are available at Centro Mexican Kitchen for their special Valentine’s Day event. Reservations recommended.
- The Kitchen is offering an elaborate Valentine’s Day Menu.
- Get grooving and dancing at this 40’s Valentine’s Dance with live music by the Key of She and a dance lesson that covers the basics of swing and foxtrot!
- The Art of Cheese is offering a class called Cheesemaking 101 with Chevre Plus Chocolate Chevre Truffles and Champagne, where you can learn the basics of cheesemaking, taste chevre finished in different ways, and enjoy chocolate chevre truffles and champagne to celebrate your culinary fun.
- Discover Longmont’s history of love during this tour of courtship and couples in Historic Longmont.
- Shoes & Brews is celebrating with a social run, along with lots of swag, giveaways, and of course, beer.
- Wilderness Financial is hosting an educational Valentine’s Tea for women that will cover personal finance tips and tools.
Broomfield, Denver, & Beyond
- Cook Street School of Culinary Arts has is once again hosting their hands-on class, Cooking with Cupid, where you’ll cook a delectable dish and enjoy a bottle of bubbly.
- Dry Dock Brewing in Aurora is hosting a Valentine’s Paint & Sip on evening of the 14th.
- Let the lovely music of Rocky Mountain Brassworks fill you and your significant other at Valentine from the Brass on the Sunday after Valentine’s Day.
- Comedy Works Denver has multiple shows to make you and your sweetheart laugh together: Valentine’s Weekend with Chris Distefano and Valentine’s Weekend with Nick Guerra. Both shows are happening all weekend starting on Valentine’s Day and have levels of packages including roses and chocolates in addition to your tickets.