As you relax on the couch after your Thanksgiving dinner, test your Thanksgiving knowledge with these trivia questions! You might be surprised by how many turkeys are consumed every Thanksgiving, or you might impress your family by knowing the name of the president that caused Thanksgiving to be an annual holiday. Don’t peek at the answers at the bottom until you’ve made your guesses.
1. Roughly how many turkeys are consumed on Thanksgiving every year?
A. 22 million turkeys
B. 46 million turkeys
C. 70 million turkeys
2. How has turkey consumption changed over the last 25 years?
A. Turkey consumption has doubled.
B. Turkey consumption has dropped significantly.
C. Turkey consumption has fluctuated with nutrition trends.
3. How many people does the turkey industry in the U.S. employee?
A. 10,000-15,000 people.
B. 20,000-25,000 people.
C. 40,000-45,000 people.
4. What year was the first Thanksgiving held?
5. What percentage of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving?
6. How many pumpkin pies are eaten on Thanksgiving?
A. 25 million
B. 70 million
C. 50 million
7. For what industry (besides all shopping) is Black Friday the busiest day?
C. Food Delivery
8. Which president declared Thanksgiving an annual holiday?
A. Abraham Lincoln
B. Andrew Johnson
C. George Washington
ANSWERS: 1 B; 2 A; 3 B; 4 C; 5 B; 6 C; 7 A; 8 A.