The 20th Annual Boulder Creek Hometown Festival completes summer with activities, performances, food, and more over Labor Day weekend. Don’t miss the infamous duck race, free samples from local vendors, live music, and countless things to do at this free Boulder event.
Location: The Boulder Creek Hometown Festival is held in downtown Boulder along the Boulder Creek between 10th Street and 13th Street. Check out this detailed map.
Dates & Times: September 1st & 2nd from 10:00am-9:00pm; September 3rd from 10:00am-5:00pm.
Transportation: Taking the bus or riding your bike are easy ways to get to the festival and avoid traffic, but a list of public parking lots and garages can be found here.
Pets: Dogs on a leash are permitted at the festival.
- Food: Many local restaurants and food companies are at the festival to discuss their products in person and answer any questions you might have. Plus, many offer free samples of their goodies!
- Vendors: One of the most impressive parts of the Boulder Creek Hometown Festival is the wide variety of vendors at the event. From health and wellness vendors to handmade crafts to unique toys and games, there is absolutely something for everyone. Stop by and chat with each of the vendors – you’re sure to learn more about each company and about what Boulder has to offer.
- Live Music: Expect to see all of these bands at the bandshell throughout the event: The Rock & Pop Music Academy, Let Them Roar, John McKay, Hillbilly Hellcats, Onda, Delta Sonics, Zen Mustache, Hazel Miller (check out our interview with her here!), The Pamlico Sound, Ruckus in the Alley, The Arthur Lee Land Trio, Bonfire Dub, and the Jacob Larson Band. See the detailed schedule for what day and time to catch these amazing bands.
- Great Boulder Duck Race: Race rubber ducks down the Boulder Creek for a cause! The race will happen on September 3rd at 2:00pm, but be sure to register and get your duck beforehand.
- Great Zucchini Race: Bring the whole family to race their zucchini creations! For $10, you get a zucchini and all of the decoration supplies, including wheels so you can race it down the Great Zucchini Race ramp.
- LETR StarLite Classic Car & Motorcycle Show: Happening on Sunday, September 2nd from 10am-3pm, check out this car show that raises awareness and funds for Special Olympics Colorado. You can register your car or motorcycle to be part of the display, too.
- 2018 Rocky Mountain Beer Festival: The Rocky Mountain Beer Festival Tour will be happening at the Boulder Creek Hometown Festival on Monday, September 3rd, from 1-6pm. Breweries will be serving their best drinks for you to enjoy. Tickets must be purchased for this portion of the Boulder Creek Hometown Festival.