While finances might be tight during college, some of the best deals around are available to college students. So many websites and stores offer student discounts if you provide your .edu email address. Here are some of our favorite deals that are ready for you to take advantage of this school year. Don’t forget, even if a store isn’t on this list, it’s always worth asking if student discounts are available – many companies offer deals if you ask and present your student ID!
For Your Study & Technology Needs
- Chegg – Chegg is an online-only resource for discount textbooks, offering as much as 90% off. With free shipping over $35, and both e-books and hardcopy books, don’t forget to check for your textbooks here before purchasing them elsewhere. They also have book rentals and tutoring services available.
- Office Depot/OfficeMax – From laptops to pencils, Office Depot and Office Max have a variety of amazing back to school deals. Take a look at their Dorm Room Bundle – a microwave, mini fridge, Keurig Brewer, and 2-Year SquareTrade Protection Plan all for $340.99!
- Adobe – If you provide your school email address, you can save over 60% on Creative Cloud subscriptions.
- Apple – If you purchase a Mac or iPad Pro for school, you get Beats headphones for free! Plus, students and educators receive discounted education pricing on Apple Music, AppleCare, some accessories, and other Apple products.
- Dell – If you buy any system over $499, you’ll get a $100 Promo eGift card to Dell.
- Microsoft – Students save up to 10% on select Microsoft products, and get Office 365 Education (which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Team) for free!
- Pottery Barn – If you show your college ID in-store, or provide your .edu email address online, students receive 15% off orders.
- West Elm – West Elm gives a one-time promo code for 15% off to students who provide their .edu email address.
- Amazon Prime – Courtesy of Sprint, students receive a 6-month free trial of Amazon Prime. After that, it’s 50% off for students, making it $6.49/mo.
- American Furniture Warehouse – Check out their weekly sales and deals on furniture, accessories, and storage here.
- Penske – For moving in or out of your dorm room, or wherever you move during college, Penske offers 10% off all truck rentals.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Bed Bath & Beyond’s College Savings Pass gives students 20% off their entire purchase through December 31, 2019, in addition to free shipping.
- Banana Republic – For students and teachers with a valid ID, Banana Republic offers 15% off in-store purchases only.
For Your Free Time
- Ski Passes – If you’re planning on going skiing during college, these ski pass deals will save you a lot on lift ticket prices. These resorts in Colorado offer deals that vary based on the resort. The Epic Pass also has college pricing on their passes, which covers several resorts in Colorado and limited access to several resorts out of state.
- AMC Theaters – Most AMC Theaters have student discounts if you bring your student ID to the box office when you purchase your tickets.
- FedEx – If you have a package to ship, show your student ID to receive 20-30% off.
- Spotify & Hulu – Don’t miss this two-for-one discount for students at qualifying colleges! This offer includes both Spotify Premium and Hulu’s Limited Commercials plan for $4.99/mo.