A recently published infographic from Nationwide Mortgages, here, provides insight into how millennials—the largest generation in history—are transforming the housing market.
Some surprising takeaways from the report:
- Millennials, more than any other age group, equate home ownership
with the American Dream.
- 33.2 percent of millennials will buy a home within three to five years.
- 58 percent of millennial homebuyers found their home on a mobile
device in 2016.
- Millennials stay in a home for just six years on average. The average
for all buyers is 10 years.
- 25 percent of millennial buyers live in a city, nearly 50 percent
live in a suburb.